The Penobscot River Offers The Most Exciting Family and Group Rafting in All of New England!
North Country Rivers offers whitewater rafting trips down Maine’s mighty Penobscot River. This “world-class" rafting river is located in north-central Maine – flowing through Baxter State Park and in the shadow of Mount Kathadin.
We recommend you let our experienced “Trip Specialists" help you plan the ideal itinerary for a “Thrill of a Lifetime" adventure! Call us today!
Penobscot River Rafting Information – 2024 Season – May 18th through September 21rst.
- Meeting Location: Our Millinocket Base Resort – 102 Baxter Park Rd., Millinocket, ME 04462 (Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground).
- Meeting Time: 8:30 AM (please arrive on time).
- River Rating: Class 4 with Some Class 5 Rapids (Rating scale: class 1-6)
- River Type: Steep overall gradient with “pool and drop" technical rapids.
- Typical River Flow: 2400 CFS (cubic feet/second).
- Range of Flows: 1800-3200 CFS.
- River Length: 12 Miles, 6-hours on the river.
- Trips: (see trip links on top right of page).
- High Adventure Sport Rafts: Available.
- River Lunch: Steak, salmon, chicken, veggie burgers, salad, desert, and beverages.
- Minimum Reservation Size: 1-person.
- Minimum Age: 5-years (excludes class 3 – 5 sections), 10-years (excludes class 5 sections), and 12-years (includes all rapids).
- Camping: Tent Camping and RV camping.
- Lodging: Motel, Inn and Log Cabins.
- Restaurant: Big Moose Restaurant (on-site).
As whitewater rafting river trips go, a Penobscot River trip is THE BEST whitewater experience you’ll find anywhere. The awesome “Ripogenous Gorge" has 80-foot high walls and exciting rapids. Below the gorge are numerous " pool-and-drop" rapids – all challenging, memorable and FUN!
Your Penobscot River Maine adventure vacation awaits!