The Penobscot River Offers The Most Exciting Family and Group Rafting in All of New England!
North Country Rivers offers 6 different whitewater rafting trips down Maine’s mighty Penobscot River. This “world-class" rafting river is located in north-central Maine – flowing through Baxter State Park and in the shadow of Mount Kathadin.
Since trip space is LIMITED, we recommend you let our experienced “Trip Specialists" help you plan the ideal itinerary for a “Thrill of a Lifetime" adventure! Call us today!
Penobscot River Rafting Information:
- 2017 Season: May 6th through September 24th.
- Meeting Location: Our Millinocket Base Resort – 102 Baxter Park Rd., Millinocket, ME 04462 (Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground).
- Meeting Time: 9:00 AM (but we recommend checking in 30 minutes early.)
- River Rating: Class 4 with Some Class 5 Rapids (Rating scale: class 1-6)
- River Type: Steep overall gradient with “pool and drop" technical rapids.
- Typical River Flow: 2400 CFS (cubic feet/second).
- Range of Flows: 1800-3400 CFS.
- River Length: 12 Miles, 6-hours on the river.
- Trips: (see trip links on top right of page).
- High Adventure Sport Rafts: Available.
- River Lunch: Steak, salmon, chicken, veggie burgers, salad, desert, and beverages.
- Minimum Reservation Size: 1-person.
- Minimum Age: 5-years (excludes class 3 – 5 sections), 10-years (excludes class 5 sections), and 12-years (includes all rapids).
- Camping: Tent camping and RV camping.
- Lodging: Motel, Inn and log cabins.
- Restaurant: Big Moose Restaurant (on-site).
As whitewater rafting river trips go, a Penobscot River trip is THE BEST whitewater experience you’ll find anywhere. The awesome “Ripogenous Gorge" has 100-foot high walls and exciting rapids. Below the gorge are numerous " pool-and-drop" rapids – all challenging, memorable and FUN!
Your Penobscot River Maine adventure vacation awaits! So call us today!