- Youth Price: $79 per person on all days except Summer Saturday’s: $99 per person
- Season: May 4 – September 29, 2019
- Meeting Location: 102 Baxter Park Rd • Millinocket • ME 04462 • (Big Moose Inn, Cabins & Campground)
- Meeting Time: 9:00 AM (We recommend checking in 30 minutes early.)
- River Rating: Class 4 River with Some Class 5 Rapids (Scale 1-6)
- River Type: Technical, Exposed Rocks, Steeper Gradient
- Average River Flow: 2400 CFS (Cubic Feet Per Second)
- Range of River Flow: 1800-3400 CFS
- River Length: 12 Miles, 6 Hours on the River
- Trips: Full River, Ultimate, 2 Day Penobscot, 2 Day Penobscot on River Overnight
- High Adventure Sport Rafts Available: Yes
- River Lunch: Steak, Salmon, Chicken, Veggie Burgers, Salad, Desert, Beverages
- Minimum Age: 12 Years
- Camping: Tent Camping Lodging: Motel and Cabins
- Restaurant: Big Moose Restaurant on Site Reservations: Call Toll Free 800-348-8871
PENOBSCOT RIVER WHITE WATER RIVER RAFTING – THE MOST CONTINUES WHITEWATER IN THE NORTH EAST!
We runs 4 different whitewater rafting trips down Maine’s mighty Penobscot River. This “world-class" river flows through Baxter State Park in north-central Maine – below the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail on Mount Katahdin.
Baxter State Park is deep in Maine’s “great north woods" and is larger than many National Parks. It’s even operated more like a National Park too. And, being in such a wild and scenic locale, it has abundant natural beauty of its own – and there’s still ore outside of the Park too!
As whitewater rafting river trips go, a Penobscot River trip offers THE BEST whitewater experience you’ll find anywhere. The awesome “Ripogenous Gorge" (above) has 100-foot high walls, with exciting rapids. And below the gorge are, big pool-and-drop rapids – with all of the rapids challenging and memorable.
Rapids of the “Rip Gorge" include; Class 5 “Exterminator", “Staircase" & the Class 5 “Cribworks". and down-river are numerous Class class 4 rapids including; “Big A", “Abol Falls", and “Nesowadnehunk Falls".